beautiful words

I love words and especially words which form part or all of an illustration or design. Yesterday I bought myself a set of nibs and I've been playing around with ink, pens and brushes to find a style of lettering that feels comfortable and contains possibilities. I've become a bit obsessed with it all, as you can see... these images almost make me weep with appreciation and joy... I just love them, don't you?

Thanks to all on Flickr for sharing their work.

1. etc, 2. hoekje, 3. perhaps, fresh haircut do the trick with my headache, 4. 0301pinks, 5. Wrinkles , 6. Parfumerie, 7. leaf, 8. Like a beginner 4, 9. practice before breakfast, 10. "huxtable" style - pen & ink, 11. gg, 12. modern, 13. alphabets for illustration friday, 14. The Blue Letter, 15. "hello" hand lettered envelope seals, 16. tentativa de alimentação saudável


8 comments:

Gilly said...

Still got all my calligraphy stuff! Italic is nice and easy. Love the mosaic! I really must try again!

Anonymous said...

Chocolate ~ now there's a favourite word! Have fun with this Sue and thanks for visiting.

Marie x

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful collection. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Sue said...

Mum you should definitely take it up again - the stuff you did was so lovely :-)

Sue said...

Marie now that is a good idea for a project ;-)

hens teeth said...

It's really strange co~incidence but I have been sorting all the wooden and metal fonts out in the Print Room at work today, thinking of ideas and words to make with these beautiful letters.
I can imagine you to be perfect match with this technique.

Text enhances in my humble!

Gigibird said...

I’m thinking of the writing on Eric Ravilious and Edwardn Bawden work…. And of course the Curwen Press.

Looking forward to seeing what to get up too

Julia said...

They're beautiful yes! And so is your blog :) First time Ive visited and Im very glad I did!

Love Julia xxx