a morning of experiments


I've had a funny, interrupted morning of experimenting with little stuffed things. I had some ideas late last night and was keen to get going early. Interruptions, which were many, included the postman, the bin men, people rushing about and going to college, people mooching about and unwillingly going to work, two long phone calls and two or three sudden urges for a cup of tea...

However, I did manage to make one or two things, including this pincushion, which I'm rather pleased with, and some strange keyrings, which I'm not so pleased with. I think the colours need work - what do you think?


I also thought I'd post a picture of my new pale blue labels, of which I'm inordinately fond...

I had thought of working on the keyring colours this afternoon, but fear of further interruption probably means that I'll make a few more pincushions and linen hearts instead, as it's not too taxing and I can curl up and listen to my new audio book, The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis.

But first, another cup of tea...

4 comments:

Zu said...

Very cute pincushion! I like the key rings, but agree they do need color.

Great labels!

I forgot about audio books! I've been so busy with crochet lately that I haven't had time to read. Audio books is the perfect answer to my problem! Thanks for that. :-)

Sue said...

Thanks! I'm going to think about the colour today... audio books are so great. Get yourself down to the library and choose, choose, choose!

brenda said...

I love the top photo with your sketches underneath! I love the almost neutral colors...

Sue said...

Thank you Brenda! I love neutral colours too but need to challenge myself to include more colour sometimes. It's something I don't seem to have got right yet - I often feel I 'ought' to have more colour - but when I do highly coloured work it doesn't alway feel like 'me'.